❄️ 🎄 ⛄️ 🎅 As the holiday season rolls around, and online shopping is underway, please BEWARE that there are hundreds of SCAM shops pretending to sell reborn dolls.
Reborn dolls cannot be duplicated by a factory! They are handmade art creations made by artists like myself. You will NOT find a reborn doll for UNDER $100. In fact, you’re probably very unlikely to find any kind of quality reborn for under $250, unless it’s by a BRAND NEW reborn artist.
Please protect your pocketbook, and do your research if you see an ad popping up. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Also, most reborn artists will not have the money to place ads on Instagram and FB or retarget you on Google. We wish we did, but we just don’t. Because this is an artform, and we often do not have the volume of inventory readily available to go to justify such an expense.
A legitimate artist will have LOTS of pictures of their own work, they will have an artist name and a nursery name and social media presences with a lot of history of posts and photographs and albums. If you find a doll you’re interested in, and the page seems suspicious, ask the seller to provide a SAFETY PHOTO. A legitimate artist will always provide a safety picture at the request of a client. If they refuse, BEWARE.
– THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CHEAP FULL BODY SILICONE REBORN. Full body silicone babies, blank, are $500-$2000. If you see one for cheap, it’s a SCAM.
– Real artists will not offer MANY versions of the same sculpt or face, for cheap, and be ready to ship. If you see this, it’s a SCAM.
– Check for watermarks. Real artists will have a watermark of their own nursery name on their work, or none at all. They will not show many images with different watermarks. If you see watermarks, test it. Follow up with that artist or name and see if they’re affiliated with the shop domain you’re interested in.
– If among the listings, you also see pictures of REAL CHILDREN, this is a SCAM. This shop is duping you.
– Reborn dolls are approx $250+. You will NOT find a reborn doll for under $100. PERIOD. If you see one. It’s a SCAM!
– Real artists will have lots of pictures on many social media accounts, a nursery name, an artist name, show work in progress and be willing to provide a safety picture.
Please do not fall for these thieves. You might think you will at least get something resembling the picture but that is simply not true. These pictures are STOLEN pictures and videos of real artists’ and sculptors’ work. They do not even have the same fundamental materials to make them. So what you end up getting are cheap plastic dolls, worse than something you could buy at Walmart or a Dollar Store, and the material they are made from is TOXIC. And that is IF you get anything at all. A lot of times you will receive NOTHING.
Authentic artists like myself are fighting the good fight against these shops that are stealing from sculptors, artists, and defrauding the public! If you’ve already placed an order with a shop that sounds like one of these, please file a chargeback to get back your money. And share your story in the groups devoted to them. Education is our greatest tool!!!!
Please learn more about scam shops here: https://www.facebook.com/RebornSweet/posts/1557660024408784
Group Devoted to Outing Scam Shops: https://www.facebook.com/groups/686130125512610/
Please feel free to share. And let’s help protect one another this holiday season!!
❄️ 🎄 ⛄️ 🎅
You can also checkout my playlist on youtube for more tips 🙂